Bring in light, candy-colored pastel shades to ace that soft, dreamy look in your living room!
We’ll admit it right off the bat – each one of us spends a great amount of time curating the perfect living room look on our Pinterest board. And our hearts almost always veer towards those gelato ice cream-like delicate pinks, baby blues, and tender greens. The best part? Pastels work year-round – they’re perfect for cool interiors in the summer; mellow interiors in the monsoon and the cheerful shades help beat the winter pallor. So, we decoded how you can work pastels into your home, read on to know more:
- Bring in cushion covers, rugs, and throws in pastel colors to pile on your sofas, seaters, and floors. These can be solids or patterned. As pastels are light you don’t have to worry about mixing too many – play with as many as you want. Curtains are another canvas for bringing in pastels. Achieve the ultimate dreamy look with sheer curtains in icy mint or frosted blue
- You can even incorporate pastel colors through lighting. If you’re wondering how, it’s easy – for floor and table lamps, opt for ones with pastel-colored shades; use remote-controlled, dimmable LED lighting strips with customizable colors as spot and alcove lighting; for the pendant and overhead lights, go for candy-colored metal ones (hello, rose gold!) that will increase the cute quotient in your living room
- For chairs and sofas pick sugar shades for upholstery. Alternately, furniture such as center and side tables with powder-coated frames in soft, matte shades will also inject a dose of pastels in the space. Remember to work with soft colors only even when it comes to wood, ash greys and soft browns are what you must look for
- Flowers – whether an entire bunch or two-three stems – in pale, washed-out shades will soften the overall look of your living room
- To wholeheartedly embrace pastels in your living space, splash them across your walls. This can be in the form of paints, wallpapers, and even decals. You can choose to cover all the walls or just one for a statement wall. If you ask us, we believe in more the merrier!
- Artworks in soft, calming pastel shades will also do wonders to your space. Create a gallery wall or buy a large triptych, the choice is yours. Go ahead, create your own pastel-colored haven with this handy guide and share your creations with us.